|Written by Lt Col Paul Mondoux|
|Sunday, 30 November 2008 12:39|
IMU Installation NH WING
Initial Requirements: Install IMU on Computer and download a Database
Assumption: Your computer is loaded with Windows XP or equivalent. You have some mission staff rating, or have someone else will provide the database for you.
1. Open Internet Explorer (NOT Netscape) and go to http://wmu.nat.cap.gov.
2. Click Web WMU link, choose Continue to this website (not recommended) link, if you see the Security web page.
3. If you are an Incident Commander or Flight Release Officer, FIRST TIME, press the FRO button, login as described in Step 4, then press the FRO Pin # button to set your PIN, following directions, then press the Back arrow at top of Internet Explorer until you get back to the Main Menu.
4. Press the Incident Commander button, enter your CAPID and Password (first time you create password), then press the Submit button.
5. Press the Download Wing Database button.
6. Click the link Download current IMU Application Release and/or Register as an IMU User, the last link. (Pressing the IMU link on the top-level page is a short-cut to this last link).
7. Click the link https://missions.cap.af.mil/installroot.exe, accept the certificate and allow the executable to run (this needs to be done only first time IMU is loaded).
8. Click the link that says “The current IMU-2 Release is Release x.x.x.xx” and save the IMU executable.
9. Press the Back arrow at top of Internet Explorer to return to the previous web page (only if you came thru the Web WMU link, if you came thru the IMU link, get a database as described above, then skip to Step 11).
10. Click the link Download current IMU2 database for selected wing(s), the top link. Select the wings required (it preselects your own wing) and, if desired, add any old missions or other Wings and Regions you want to add to the database (NONE are required). Now click the Build IMU2 Database button and WAIT for the link to appear and follow directions (Right click here to download the database to your computer). This may take as much as 10 minutes, so BE PATIENT.
11. If Framework 1.1 is not installed on your computer, go to www.microsoft.com/downloads and download and install Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1. (it must be 1.1, NOT 2.0). ( IMU Will tell you during the installation if you do not have 1.1)
12. Create directory on C: drive (or other drive if desired) called “IMUdb”. After creating it, right-click on folder IMUdb and select Properties, go to Shared tab and share the directory (be sure to check the box “Allow network users to change my files”). IMU will not work in LAN or Virtual modes if you don’t do this.
13. Place database that you downloaded (something like NHNET2wing.mdb) into the IMUdb directory.
14. Finally, install the IMU software that you downloaded in step 8 above.
15. The first time you start IMU (by double-clicking on IMU icon on your desktop), it will ask you where to find the database file; you’ll never see this again, unless you delete or move the IMUdb directory.
16. On the IMU Setup page, select the Wing (must match the wing in the filename specified in step 13), and select the Base Name (use 3-letter designator of mission base, the IC will tell you what it is). If modes LAN, Virtual and WMU Archive are Grayed out, you have no access to Internet, recheck steps 11-12 carefully. If necessary, try turning off your Firewall; if these check boxes now appear, then your Firewall must be modified to include a rule to allow access from the IMU software.
17. Read the Help files shown on IMU Setup page prior to pressing Start Application button, these describe the steps to initially set up IMU in more detail.
19. Run IMU2 but do not login
20. Select File, System Parameters, FTP Information, Server Client Mode
21. For URL or IP Address enter > http://pandersys.com
22. For FTP URL to Host Database Enter > pandersys.com
23. Select get database From Host Site (This will download the current database to your machine)
24. After download is complete Select Save and Use.
25. Select Virtual Internet Server Client
For the URL Enter http://pandersys.com
26. Start Application
|Last Updated on Thursday, 17 March 2011 07:50|